Can a single question make change? Ask yourself!
— dropping knowledge, 2006-09-07
On 2006-09-09, dropping knowledge shall bring together some 100 people from all over the world to “engage in the most pressing questions of our age”. Their answers shall be recorded, and they may become seeds of a new “knowledge portal and dialog platform” starting 2006-09-10.
Here are some of the questions which have been submitted and which are likely to be discussed:
- Is resistance a new form of revolution? Between non-violent resistance and armed struggle where do we go? What is effective? What is the right thing to do? Or do we need a biodiversity of resistance? Is change possible without violence?
- What is worse, death or everlasting silence and solitude?
- Is sustainability a luxury of the developed world?
- What is the most important unreported story?
- Can the world ever agree on the meaning and implementation of democracy?
- Are we ready to change anything in case we get answers to our questions?
- Do you think anything will change by donating questions here?
- Why do human beings agree to evil?
- What is God’s religion?
- Permaculture has solved sustainability, Moshé Feldenkrais has solved the physical problems of the human body, Krishnamurti has solved wisdom, what problems doesn’t the planet know how to solve?
- What does every human being on this planet agree on?
- What is the global definition of freedom?
- Why am I me and not you?
- Is there at least one basic truth, we all can agree on?
- What is consciousness and how do we observe the observer?
- Do you trust your government?
- Why don’t you do something?
- How can consciousness be increased in the world?
- How can we discuss global problems even when we are not able to solve our local ones?
- How does any of this affect me?
- Why do we believe mankind is something apart from nature, and therefore, not bound by its laws?